Prefer videos? Scroll down below to see this instructions in video form!
Step 1: Connect to DocuSign
Click on the Setting button the menu on the left
Scroll down to the Integrations section. Click on Connect for the DocuSign integration
You will be redirected to DocuSign and be asked to approve SafeBase.
- The account needs to be able to approve DocuSign OAuth connection and have access to the desired Template that will be used for the NDA.
- Our integration uses the following:
Step 2: Select a template in DocuSign
Select the NDA template within DocuSign that you would like to use for security outreach
- If you don’t already have a template, see the DocuSign Templates Setup Guide and make a note of the requirements for the template to function for SafeBase as seen further down the page. Many of our customers have pre-signed NDAs to speed this process up.
In the template creation step, make sure to create a role called Signer and leave the Name and Email fields empty. This will allow you to drop placeholder blocks in the document during the next step, such as Company, Title, etc. Name and Email will usually autofill if you use the Standard Fields in the next step.
You can customize the open source Universal NDA (download file below) if you do not have an existing NDA template.
After hitting the Next button, you will be able to drag fields such as Signature, Name, Company, Title, etc.
After you hit Save and Close, this template should now be available to select in the SafeBase Settings page:
Proceed with the next steps only if you would like to test out the flow.
Step 3: Create a new account and require a NDA before viewing the private Security Portal
Go to the Accounts tab and select the +Add button
Create a new account and select DocuSign under NDA Provider. You can use your own name and email to test this out.
Step 4: You will receive a notification email from DocuSign and be prompted to complete the signing process
You will receive an email from DocuSign prompting you to complete the NDA.
Go through and complete the NDA.
You will get an email with notifying you that the NDA has been completed
- Note that when an actual customer completes this in DocuSign, both you and the customer will receive a notification from DocuSign indicating that the document has been completed.
You will receive a notification email from SafeBase letting you know that you can login to the Private Security Portal once this is complete.
Step 5: You can see that the NDA has been sent and completed by the customer
To view the completed NDA, click on Open DocuSign
- Note that you may have to hit the refresh button if you view this immediately after the document has been completed.
DocuSign NDA Provider Videos:
We recommend watching these at 1.5x speed.
SafeBase - DocuSign Integration - How to connect
1 min video instruction link: here
SafeBase - DocuSign Integration - How to set up the right NDA document
SafeBase - End User Experience with DocuSign NDA