Overview of SafeBase
- SafeBase is an interactive security portal for you to conduct your security reviews of vendors. You can use SafeBase to learn about an organization's security posture, download reports, review standard security questionnaires, ask questions, upload your own questionnaire, and subscribe to the vendor to receive updates on their security program.
Video: How to use SafeBase to conduct your security reviews
- Requesting access to Private Security Portal
- Opening Private Security Portal, downloading documents, asking questions
The Public Security Portal
- This is the pre-NDA Security Portal that displays non-confidential information about a company's security program
- (Exhibit: SafeBase's Security Portal: https://security.safebase.io/)
How to conduct a security review
- Each security "Card" is a general security topic that houses specific "Items" that the company enforces as part of its security program
- Click on each Card to expand and learn more about the details related to each security topic
- Green dots = the company has the control in place
- Progress icon = the control is in the process of being implemented
How to request confidential security documents
- Some files may be publicly available to download without an NDA
- Others require an "Access Request"
- Click on "Request Access"
- Fill out the access request form with your name, company name, and work email
How to use the Private Security Portal
Entering the Private Security Portal
- After you submit the access request form, you will receive an email notifying that you've either been approved or declined. If approved, please click on the "View Security Portal" button in the approval email to access the Private Security Portal of the organization. Once you click on the button, a screen will load where you can sign an NDA within the app to enter the Private Security Portal.
Agree to the NDA to be taken into the Private Security Portal
How to ask questions in the Private Security Portal
- If you have a question for the organization about their security posture, you can click on any card and simply click "Conversation" under the applicable topic. Type the message and hit the arrow on the right to send your question. The team will be notified of your questions and get back to you as soon as they can.
How to download files
- To download files click into the card that contains the file you want to download. You can download any available file by clicking the green download arrows next to the file name.
Download completed standard questionnaires instead of asking your own
- Rather than sending your own questionnaire to the vendor, download one of their detailed, completed questionnaires and save everyone time.
Upload a questionnaire
- You will also have the option to upload a questionnaire in .xlsx, .doc, or .pdf format using the prompt at the top of the page. You can also submit a link if your questionnaire is hosted on a web portal.
- You can drag or upload a file using the dialog window. The organization's security team will automatically be notified after you click on the "Submit" button.
- The modal is similar if you are submitting a link instead of uploading a file.
- To receive ongoing security updates from the organization, "Subscribe" to their updates. They will notify you of any important updates to their security program.
- Simply enter your email and click on the Subscribe button.
Visiting the Security Portal again?
- If you would like to revisit the Private version of the Security Portal, there is no need to submit another access request. Simply go to the vendor’s Security Portal URL and click on the "Access Private Portal" button at the upper left.
- Enter your email when prompted, and click on "Login"
- After you enter your email, you should receive a magic link in your inbox.
- This magic link will take you directly to the Private version of the Security Status Page. If you previously completed the NDA, you will not be prompted to do so again.
Interested in your own Security Portal? Visit https://safebase.io and sign up today!