Salesforce is available for customers that fall under our Enterprise plan. This integration allows for Salesforce users to view customer or prospect SafeBase activity in Salesforce without having to login to the SafeBase dashboard. Please contact us if you'd like to enable this for your organization.
We have also recorded several videos that cover the content on this page and show an example of activity sync within a demo Salesforce environment.
Configuring the Salesforce integration requires the Admin role within SafeBase. The connect button can be found at the bottom of the Settings tab in the SafeBase dashboard.
A Salesforce user with permissions to connect to external applications is required for the initial connection. After clicking on the Configure button there should be a modal with an option to Enable the integration.
Many customers choose to create dedicated service accounts for the SafeBase integration. The account will need the following permissions:
- Read and write access if you would like for Leads to be created through this integration if neither the Contact or Account exist in Salesforce
- Read and write access
- We use read access to see if Accounts already exist. For write access, we do not create new Accounts, but do write to the Activity Timeline and can potentially associate Contacts with Accounts
- Tasks - the following fields will be written to
- Assigned To
- Due Date
- Related To
- Created By
- Last Modified By
- Comments (may also appear as Description in your SDFC instance)
- Read access
- Write access if you would like for the integration to be able to create Contacts if it does not already exist in Salesforce
- Read access to
User.isActiveso that we can properly assign Task Owners
- Read access to
We currently support integrations with both production and sandbox Salesforce accounts
Clicking on one of these options will prompt for a Salesforce login.
You will then have to allow SafeBase to have access to the following:
If the connection was successful, you should see a greyed out Enable box:
After this is complete, you can then toggle the following activities to be synced to Salesforce as Tasks in the Activity feed:
If Leads are linked to Accounts, then the activities will also appear in the Account page.
SafeBase creates Salesforce Task records for certain activities that happen within the application. All possible Task subjects are described below. These are all set to off by default after the initial connection. Note that Account names need to have an exact match for automatic matching to function properly.
- SafeBase: Requested Access
- A visitor requested access on your public status page.
- Note that for this activity, we have several options for handling requests from users that do not have existing contact information in Salesforce.
- You can choose to automatically create a new Contact in Salesforce if there is an existing matching Account (Company Name) but no contact with the requester's email.
- You can choose to automatically create a new Lead if neither an existing matching Contact or Account can be found.
- You can choose to have the Access Request activity be marked as completed automatically.
- SafeBase: Account Created
- A SafeBase account was created for this Salesforce Account record.
- SafeBase: Account Member Added
- A new person was given access to this account.
- SafeBase: Comment on Status Page
- A visitor commented on an item in a shared status page.
- SafeBase: File Downloaded
- A visitor downloaded a file from a shared status page.
- SafeBase: NDA Signed
- The NDA process for an account has been completed (either clickwrap or DocuSign).
- SafeBase: Questionnaire Uploaded
- A visitor uploaded a questionnaire on a shared status page.
- SafeBase: Status Page View
- A visitor viewed a shared status page.
Salesforce Integration Removal
If you would like to disable the integration, simply click on Uninstall at the bottom of the Salesforce configuration modal.
Our Salesforce integration is designed to be self-serve for standard Salesforce configurations. Please contact us if you run into issues with the integration or if there are certain workflows that you would like to be added.
Verify that Account names are spelled exactly as they are in Salesforce because automatic matching requires exact matches. Ex. Company Inc. will not match with Company Incorporated.